Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Foods to Watch For

It's about that time for the New Years celebration and I know I've been asking about resolutions. There has been a lot of mixed answers to this question, but the most popular one is.... " I don't do New Year Resolutions."

After thinking why this may be, I came to the conclusion that, like many people, the will power may be there in the beginning but old habits come back around. So who would want to fail at something else?

There's a lot to consider about successfully improving your quality of life, so I would like to make a simple suggestion that I feel can be very impactful and easy to maintain.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest, CSPInet.org, put together a great 10 best and 10 worst foods list. I challenge you to go the web page and choose one food item to avoid from the worst food list and one food item from the best food list.

The key, from this point forward, is to consistently eat the added good food and avoid eating the bad food. (By the way, if you chose one of the bad foods to avoid, and you regularly don't eat that food in the first place, you are only cheating yourself)

Additionally, I came another great article titled "The 7 Food Experts Won't Eat" by Shine from Yahoo. This is one of the best main stream media articles regarding this topic that I have come across, so I recommend taking 5 minutes and learn something new today!

Happy New Year!

No comments: