Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Elimating Diabetes With Diet and Exercise

October of last a year the Los Angeles Times ran an article highlighting the cases of five people who have successfully cut out the use of insulin and other diabetes drugs through improvements in their diet and exercise habits.

The article includes 5 brief descriptions of the featured patients including: name, age, occupation, brief history of the symptoms, what they did to heal and their words of advice.

Below I will include there words of wisdom and links to introductory resources to help anyone you know get started on the road to a better life.

Here's some of the advice from people who have healed from both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes:

"Make moving more [of] a habit. I park on the top floor of my office's parking structure . . . and I pick the farthest parking space at the shopping center."

"I wish people understood that what you eat now influences what you want to eat next. A low-carb diet is the best way to curb your appetite and maintain your weight."

"Find someone who will help you truly understand your illness. I have two college degrees and didn't understand how damaging my diet was."

"Lose weight. Eat right."

"Don't underestimate the body's potential to heal on its own."

What Keeps these individuals motivated:

"I will do anything to avoid that terrible foot pain I had. I had uncles lose limbs to diabetes. I never want that to happen to me.

"His great grandmother had a stroke and lost a leg to diabetes, and his grandfather went blind and died of kidney disease, also due to diabetes. Besides, he adds, "I like how I look now, and more important, how I feel.

"I didn't survive cancer to die of diabetes."

"I can't believe the freedom from not taking shots all the time. I don't know what to do with all my time.""This isn't hard. Being on insulin is hard."

Here are some of the resources for someone to read up a little more regarding Diabetes

NaturalNews.com

All4Naturalhealth.com

Mercola.com

Jacklalanne.com

No comments: